Monday, February 14, 2005

Trodgylote village - living in caves

So I'm going to be a cave dweller. The first weekend I'm in Paris we'll
take the high speed train to Vendome (1hr) then twenty five minutes away
by car is Trou...check out the village website.
I hope to hook up with Jean Francois who has many caves and will
show my friend Sarah and I around. Kate Kilbourne, an American,
who owns a cave which is also a museum has given me some
tips and I can't wait. Evidently the limestone mined from the caves
was used for local chateau in the Loire valley and people have lived in these
caves since the Romans, on and off during the 100 year war, hid Jews there
during WW2 and now is an artistic colony.

1 Comments:

Blogger Cara Black said...

http://www.troglosites.asso.fr/troo.html

forgot to include this

1:46 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home