Wednesday, February 27, 2008

Chanel's apartment, Aimée Leduc and Murder in the Rue de Paradis

You've got to read this article in the Telegraph if you've ever worn Chanel No. 5 or bought a knock off Chanel
bag as I have...it's a fascinating, a 'visit' to Coco Chanel's apartment on rue Cambon!

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/fashion/main.jhtml?xml=/fashion/2008/02/27/efchanel127.xml&DCMP=ILC-traffdrv07053100

And yes, there is a link to Aimée Leduc and Coco Chanel...Aimée wears Chanel No. 5 even though her refrigerator may be empty. Some things are more important.

Tomorrow, January 28th is La Soiree Officiel, the launch party for Murder in the Rue de Paradis at my local independent mystery store. I'll talk about Paris and the 10th arrondissement where the story takes place - a fascinating little known quartier with the Canal Saint Martin, the Gare du Nord and warrens of passages with names like Passage du Desir. I hope wherever you are that you join me at one of the independent bookstores they're all on www.carablack.com at events. On my book tour I’m doing events at independent bookstore exclusively because frankly mes amies, the independents need our help and support. In this age of the internet (and you know who I mean) our indie bookstores are struggling, sadly many are closing and as far as I’m concerned, we NEED them. Real bricks and mortar stores when one can spend an hour browsing, talking to the bookseller, getting recomendations and finding new authors. I always learn about a new book, a new series, or a new author from my bookseller.

So spray the Chanel and hope to see you.

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Thanks for the link to this article. Like Aimee, I too always have Chanel N. 5 in the house. (And I'd love to have that caramel quilted suede sofa in the house as well.)

11:12 PM  
Blogger baglady said...

I would love to see one of the books in audiobook format, downloadable or CD. Are there any?

8:50 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home